Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Politics

In my government class this morning the teacher asked, who was a Democrat? No one raised there hand. Who was a conservative? Almost everyone did. I though colleges were suppose to be a breading ground for tree hugging Democrats?

On the same subject, I consider myself fiscally conservative and socially liberal. More like a progressive Republican (I know its weird...I like my money, dislike expanding government but would love to see a little T&A on prime time TV.)

Up in Minnesota I'm conservative compared to the Joneses. Down here I'm a Liberal Yank.

Go figure.

Maybe I'm just confused.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

You're confused alright...

Alynn said...

Come to VT if you want to see a 'breading ground for tree hugging Democrats'! It is like 99%! I've just learned to abstain from discussing politics with most people here...

Mike Lalla said...

Same here, I usually don't say anything though because I’ll sound like an idiot.

Every one has a gun down here...

Tuffy said...

OMG...the whole Hoigaard's team is Republicans?

I think the best education that you can get, Lalla, will be being around ignorant redneck conservatives for four years. I'm guessing (and hoping) it'll change your outlook for the better.

Mike Lalla said...

I don't belong to any political party, I vote for the best person for the job.

There is no doubt that the extreme right are from this region. Just like the extreme left in MN…

You are right with one thing. With my "experiences" down here I will get a “fair and balanced” point of view.

The extreme right folk are a little crazy but so is the left.