Sunday, May 23, 2010

Seven hour work day on the bike.

Well I've only been here a few days and I'm not sure my internal clock is working yet. I keep waking up at 3am thinking it’s time to start my day. But my legs feel good I wanted to get started early. Of course I had to ride to the race 1.5hrs. The race itself started like most of the races here... me off the front! haha I'm an idiot. Things started to come around and I was feeling stronger towards the end. I just wasn't sure of my legs so I didn't go with the moves that stuck. It's kind of a bummer I finished a few laps early in a group of about 30. But at no point was I in trouble, just didn’t trust the legs. Once I knew we weren't going to catch the 1st or 2nd group I went to the front to get some hard efforts in.

Next race will be Tuesday. each race should get better as I trust my legs more. It's a good thing I rode all year in the big gears, I think my Sram rep friend is going to have to send me a new 11 after a month or two. “I’m a beast” fyi I didn’t say that…

I think I have more stories to tell just in this one day then I did all of last year! haha I love this place.

Everywhere I look I think of you.




2 comments:

Upper Management said...

Honestly.. MSU clothing? Tisk tisk.

Mike Lalla said...

I don't want to wear any USA stuff you know? And that stuff doesn't say USA, Texas or Midwestern State University. It's a baby joker kit that will keep me safe at the races till I get my team stuff this week.