Saturday, September 12, 2009

GP Schaal Schoeters Beveren. Real bike racers and me.




You know... Someday I would like to be a real bike racer. I feel like being back home in the US has only made me sick and slow. The air down here sucks and the racing is worse. I plan on going back "home" next summer and maybe after I graduate spend a year there. I get to sit all day, get pre race leg massages, post race leg massages (At the big races), free food, super good race support, good supporters(fans), free beer and all I have to do is race my bike as fast as I can. Life is simple.

---

That last photo is of my teammate Koen Demuynck and he's the only person I know who can push a 44 inner chain ring. When I first got there I remember being on his wheel and he was pulling away from me in his 53/11 and I was thinking to myself I made a mistake going to Belgium.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Stand up straight!

I hope to be reading about you near the front of these races in the future. Keep it up!

And don't forget the little people back home.

wirerick said...

Isn't it cool coming back with "Big" legs? I look forward to you going back! Good entertainment.