Friday, October 21, 2011

Busted

Seems like baby jokers are getting popped left and right. I race against them every day. Most do some amazing things that only motorbikes can do. So it doesn’t surprise me. But I know why they do it and to be honest don’t get that mad when they do. We live in two different worlds. I have some education and will have a nice job someday. It’s true I’ve gone and raced in Belgium, but at no point did I believe I could make a career out of racing my bike. Race at the top level sure, but make money? No.

You grow up racing your bike. Maybe you start when you were 6 or 7. Sure you’re good and won a lot of races. Then you start thinking you could make a career out of it, but you’re not winning as much anymore. What are you going to do? You don’t have an education, maybe didn’t even finish school. What are you going to do? Go work in the factory with your parents or take something to keep you in the lime light of winning. To be honest it’s a simple choice. Race all doped upped, see as far as you can get and once you get caught just go work in the factory and talk about the good old days.

Of course that's isn't everybody case. But I understand this scenario.

I’ll just keep on racing hard, putting the miles in, win once awhile and be happy. These others can be as stupid as they want.

Oh yeah… I got second in the uphill sprint on the Shootout ride once. The guy who won is now on a doping suspension. What an idiot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anybody that dopes to win a US race, really is an idiot. Especially all these masters who keep getting busted... pathetic.