Thursday, December 04, 2014

Who’s coaching your kids?

This shouldn't be news to anyone; Kevin Livingston is the owner of Pedal Hard fitness center in the basement of Mellow Johnny's and also in a Big Shark Bicycling Company in St. Louis. Kevin rode professional for many years and NEVER tested positive while in competition. There was some retroactive testing done in 2004 for his samples from the tour in 98/99 and guess what was in those? EPO duh!

He was a great doper. Better then Lance and way better that all those Astana jokers.

So let’s get back to the title of this post. I can give a rats shit if you’re a 45 year old Cat. 4 who wants to be coached by this really good ex doper. You might get faster, slower, but really who cares.

I’m a little upset to learn that he coaches a U23 Development Team. Do you see where we’re taking this?

From a developmental view having a coach is great. I can name about 5 good ones with college degrees and high level racing experience who NEVER doped. If I were a parent I would be stoked to learn that my kid made it on a decent U23 team and then be destroyed to learn that one of the main sponsors is owned by an ex doper who also happens to be a coach for the team. What does that teach my child? #itpaystodope

Let’s let Kevin sum this up, since he says it best.

"My goal in starting Pedal Hard is to use my years of experience to help people explore their potential." Kevin Livingston Founder of Pedal Hard

It sounds funny doesn't it?





Don't get me started about all the dopers still in our sport. We have enough to clean up in our own back yard. 

No comments: