Monday, February 22, 2021

Rainbow

Twenty Five miles an hour. That's how fast I was traveling when I saw a rainbow about to go under my tire. It just snowed here and a rainbow knitted bag just appeared.

Flashers on, stop and reverse.

It's someone's purse.

A thirty second drive, I'm at the door. No one is home. I left a note.

Ah hour later Richard drove up. He was in tears, we quickly embraced. A deep strong warm hug. I've met this man a few times. Never would I have thought we would be hugging.  He asked what he could do. I said that I was a friend and expect nothing in return. He informed me his wife was about to lose another toe and that he was bringing her wallet to her. He left it on top of the car. He was very stressed. I invited him inside where Bella did her thing. Right on cue she help comfort the man. Smiles and laughter now filled the air. We talked a little, dinner dates were set in the spring.

Our time together could have been no more then 5 min. We followed the rainbow to the end. We found the golden pot.

It was filled with friendship. 



No comments: