Saturday, June 23, 2007

I won...With one to go...

So I felt good after my week off. After being dropped at Dakota in both of my races, I felt like I needed to bring it up. I rode every day this week getting ready for this weekend.

The race went well, and I never went into the red through out the whole race... The announcer announced 5 to go, and the group was expecting Grand Stay to string it out (They had 5 or 6 dudes). But they never really produced. Towards the end I lost count of the laps to go. I though we were on the last lap and when a slight lull happened, I made my move. I came around the last corner ready to throw my arms in the air 'til I heard the announcer say " ONE LAP, ONE LAP TO GO." What? Damn... I held it as long as I could but I gave'er all. So I ended off the back. I guess the same lull happened on the last lap too... O well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you racing with Cat6 now and going for ninja primes, or what?

Mike Lalla said...

Haha. Everyone had those cow bells and they didn't use a count down lap thing that I could see, just the announcer... It was all lost in the red mist that was coming down.

Stillwater? I should have just raced Mt. Bikes...

Wiki said...

Nice, very nice. you should have used your lap counter on your computer...

T said...

one day it will all pay off (i.e. when the officials accidently ring the bell a lap too early...)