Saturday, January 17, 2009

Being Slow + Stefan = Pain

Well the race didn't quite go as planed... But Josh Carter Won and Jason Short got second. And my teammate in the 4/5s also got second and got $99.00!!! Collin got a top ten. So it wasn't all bad for the "Falls Posse."

Short race story: Jason got away with a dude right after neutral roll out. At some point before the crosswind section a half a dozen of us were trying to get off the front for what would seem like 10-15 min. It was a lot of attacks, bridging and counters. It was fun and I was in the mix. We hit the turn were I was not in the best position. I had to bridge up to the lead group where I was riding in the ditch on the wrong side of the road.... Then Stefan and Carter pasted me. Stefan then attack and I said good bye. I went to the last group which was about the 5th group back on the road. We caught everyone except the small group off the front about 2 min up. Well I wanted to get back in the race and tried to rally the 50+ peloton to actually pull though! Nahhh They would just attack me after I would do a 2-3min pull were no one would come around except a few dudes... After about 40 or so miles of this I got pissed and called it a day. Zone 2ed it the rest of the day

The best quote would have to be my directors after I picked up a few bottle. "Here's your water your riding back to the finish." And that was it... HAHA

Next race is in a few weeks.

2 comments:

T said...

Equation should read: "RBM/Wichita Falls Posse+Stefan=Pain" :-)

Mike Lalla said...

Haha Just wait till I stop lifting weights... Yeah our new director is making things happen.

Did you know Greg Saxon is now our part time roommate?