Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Weekend Mind Screw Down.

Long weekend.

Walberg Road Race - 10 miles in there we 5 dudes off the front when it started getting really windy and raining. One guy rolled away at some point... I soloed up to him the we were caught in no mans land for a long time. A fast pair caught us. they caught the lead break then I fell back to the 1st chasing group. Then the chasing group caught the lead break. We whittled it down to 6 or so... With 5 or so miles to go two dudes road away then 2 more. I couldn't go... I ended up 10. 2k from the finish a small group caught us... (The moto ref said we were the only ones left of the race of 70 strong so we all just started to chill...) I gave a strong go with a K to go but ended up short... All and all an ok race but really disappointing.

in the break feeling good.


Pace Bend Circuit Race - with a field 140 strong we averaged faster then 26 I think. I went with moves all through out the race and was sitting really nice with 2k to go... The I lost it I got to see josh sprinting again... He got second. This race was even more disappointing... It was just a nice bike ride again...

---

For the first time every in my racing "career" losing a race is starting to piss me off. The fire is building and it feels great. It is kind of like when I played paintball. Every game or turny we went to we were expected to win and we did. But when we lost... It would hurt more then anything... I am glad this competitive fire has returned. welcome back!

7 comments:

Francis Hamre said...

I envy you and your form. Keep up the ass kickin!

Mike Lalla said...

Francis, if you rode your bike, you too would be "fast..." haha

Anonymous said...

...welcome back...

T said...

Well...to go along with your theory there would have been 54 losers in your Saturday's Cat 2 race and 129 in Sunday's P/1/2 race....so you're not alone my friend ;-) I must have lost, too then!

Mike Lalla said...

You did... haha. I guess there is always room around the table for an extra chair.

See you next weekend dude.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have the legs to get some results. Maybe you just need to re-evaluate your tactics..?
You seem to like going for the early moves and while I applaud the fact that you go out and actually race your bike, maybe you should save a few bullets for later on in the race. I try to sit in and let people forget I'm there until after the halfway point and that seems to work a lot of the time. Gives me a chance to save the legs and see who is showing their cards before I decide to do something.
Just a thought. Either way, you'll get some results. The season is still young!

boyder

Mike Lalla said...

Thanks "Gun Show." Yeah I am trying to change that... Its hard though to cover the moves when you're a team of one. And when the strong guys go it's go time. Sunday though I watch all the way to the end... It sucks. I beat the guy who got 5th sunday at Walburg... Arrgggg