Monday, August 03, 2009

24th today

Race report!

Today race started off fast as usual. Some point really early the field split into two and I found myself in the back group... Stupid I know but with 62 dudes on a roads the same size as bike paths (I am not joking) and mostly single file it´s easy to get held up or gaped. Well after over half way through and a lot of pulling and solo "nice attacks" we caught the front group while retiring most of the peloton. But a small group jumped away. I was able to sprint for top a top 20 but really messed it up and a few people passed me. My sprint is no where near the Choncey standard.

---

2 more maybe 3 races left. ZILLEBEKE-WESTOUTER-ZILLEBEKE (interclub, and it´s held by all the famous climbs... Todd does this one go up all the bergs?) and RUMBEKE and maybe BEVEREN-ROESELARE then home!

1 comment:

Stu Benedict said...

Alright, way to go Dude! That's not too bad at all. I think that you just need to focus on Choncey's sprinting style, in hopes of replicating it. He sprints like Tom Boonen, but he's Chonceyllara; best of both worlds, really. I am concerned by one of your sentences, however. It states, "it´s easy to get held up or gaped". I don't know what kind of racing you're doing, but it sounds like you're getting your B-Fucct even when you're doing well. I mean, racing is cool and all, but really not worth being corn-holed over. Maybe it's time for you to come home now.