Sunday, March 14, 2010

Updates

Did Rouge Rubaix last weekend. I attacked first... how come no one ever wants to race hard? And lasted 80 miles before our group of 3 (one of the riders got the most aggressive riders jersey at NVGP) was caught. We made it over all the hard sections... then my group just kind of chilled... and I still wanted to go go hard. The lead group caught us and I held on for a bit... Then got destroyed, I even sat on the side of the road for a few minutes (and I was still in the top 20!) Haha Oh man. I ended 47th... It was a fun race on a lot of dirt roads and tons of watts being put out 53/11/12/13 style. I look forward in racing it next year.

I just don't have the base and I'm not the smartest racer. ;)

---

Had my birthday and my bro came down it was fun. It was a special day with good friends and the most beautiful young woman in the world. The Lalla's beat the Boyds in beer pong too. It was epic.

---

It's spring break now and I'm ridding my bike. I've really only been getting in like 5 hours a week max. I'm not sure why... but my body and legs are still strong. Next week there's a race that's Cat. 2 only again. It should be fun.

---

I'm still doing well in school.

2 comments:

Francis Hamre said...

tight dude I've always wanted to race Rouge. Maybe next year I'll go with you. Was Big Daddy there?

Mike Lalla said...

Yeah it was a really fun race you would like it a lot. I think Big Daddy got a top 10.