Saturday, December 29, 2007

Cold Sprints.

Let me tell you, Super-rookie and Grumpy's is really out doing itself with these things. I went only to watch then felt the need to race. Being a gear masher I didn't think I would make the top 16 cut but I did. I faced Tim W. (who is that?) On a bike that was to small... and lost.( Bikes have to have really long seat post with quick releases.) Get on it Tim. ;)

I would say about 99% of the bar crowd was there because of the sprint. It was packed and Tim said they raised a lot more money then last time. I think even Franz got into the spirit and took off his shirt for some lucky girls for ten bucks. I didn't get any money for taking of my shirt. :(

After feeling like an old hand after the night I have some suggestions for future CS champions.

- Before you even get there dress appropriately with nice fitting shoes (NOT Doc Martins) light pants/shorts and shirt.
- Arrive early and qualify. So that when you make the next round you'll be well rested.
- Have a couple of beers but don't over do it and for gods sake don't eat the taters.
- After your rounds find a chair to sit in and rest.
- Spin your legs off. Don't worry the crowd will ease the pain with ear splitting noise.
- Then become a living legion. Pose with podium girls.

Tim you should definitely crab a few girls out of the crowd! I don't think you would have a hard time finding them.

All and all this event is THE event. Even the President was there. Don't miss the next one.

No comments: