Friday, May 11, 2007

Why?

This is one of my deep post… As I’m reading news on cylingnews.com I saw an Erik’s ad on the boob tube and it made me wonder. What the hell is our sport doing?

What happened to the fun? The sport? Our heroes? My bike shop job?

I have ambitions of being a pro for a year or so when I’m like 35. Not a big pro but one that makes 15gs a year.

I have 7 years to make this happen and I would like to think I can do this with out blood doping. Why isn’t Doug S. not on a team like Adam B? I know I have a hard time even taking Aspirin let alone Optygen. Why do people risk it?

So as I win a local race as a cat 1 I would like to think that I can win a race nationally while not being on something. Is this truly possible?

I’ve went up against Doug in a sprint at Opus the other day and lost. But I know in my mind I’ll be able to out sprint him in a few years. That’s just how it is. This is just a given in my mind. Does Doug think the same against the JJs in the world? And if he doesn’t why not?

Right now I can only train 13 hours week with out being burned out. After a few years I would like to find out what happens after training 15-20 hrs or more a week.

Remember you’re only as strong as you think you are.

There’s nothing like posting at 1 in the morning after being driven home from a beer hockey tournament.

3 comments:

Wiki said...

Wow, big talk!

Wish I could help you out with the sprints against the big boys.

Being in 4's is kinda preventing that.

I think you're on the right track and could probably reach your goals a little sooner.

Once your team is set you should start to see some big changes.

Good Luck!

Don't forget about the little people...:)

Mike Lalla said...

I am the little people...

Wiki said...

Yes you are