Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gobble! Gobble!!

It's snowing out. Lalla and I had been planning on going on our own Turkey Ride...so I made him get his ass dressed and out the door. It was my first time riding in the snow, and I loved ever minute of it!! I used to ski race (alpine) in high school, so the snow and winter are my domain. I love it. I wore plenty of layers and was surprisingly warm. We went down the trail towards the lakes, around Calhoun, and into Linden Hills where we made a pit stop at Dunn Bros for a little refreshment. Fun times were had. Now I'm going to eat turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes until I go into a very sleepy and happy comatose. Hope you all can say the same :)



Happy Thanksgiving! Have a fun and safe day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tres bien! You ski raced? We must meet up sometime on the X-C trails.

Adam said...

Yeah - cuz I'm sure her alpine bindings would work great on the trails! =P

Good thing you had the layers of clothes on, just in case you wiped out on your knee again. HA!

Eric Carter said...

thats not real ski racing

Leslie said...

I know you're scared Carter. It's okay. I'll help you down the mountain sometime. :P

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. Edina, skiing, I guess I already knew you were a gravity assisted skier. In that case, we must meet up on the slopes. Ah, but you need to free you heel, free your mind. Tele - the purest form of skiing. :)

Leslie said...

Pure is good, but I'm about fast and fun :)

Alynn said...

Sounds like a good time! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving! :-)

Wiki said...

Easy Eric/Dan.

Don't bag on alpine. I don't think you can say it's not real skiing. Gravity does help but when it's pulling you down the mountain at over 50 mph, it's no picnic.

The only reason I xc ski is the price of lift tickets around here, it's not worth it.

That said let's get a group together for some xc when the snow finaly falls.