Sunday, November 04, 2007

Velodrome CX

Cool fall temp, crisp air, and sunny skies made for a great turn-out at the Velodrome cross race today. I woke up and gathered all of my stuff together jumped in the car and headed to Blaine. I was told to be there by 9:30am to get things set up for registration. I got up there and the lot was empty. Thought I had perhaps beat the others there. I called Hotpinkevil! and Super-Rookie, and they said they were on their way. The gate was locked, so I couldn't get in nor did I have Tuffy's number. In the meantime, I went across the way to grab a cup of coffee. When I got back over, S-R & HPE had arrived. As we were setting up we were talking about how registration was starting at 10am which I mentioned was at that moment....except it wasn't. I had completely forgot about daylight savings!! Stupid stupid stupid! I could have slept for another hour. Oh well. At least TC did it too :)

Seeing how I was busy at the registration table (because of the fantastic turnout!), I couldn't really watch much of the C or B race, but since it ran behind where we were sitting I was still able to cheer a bit. Once registration was finished for the A race, HPE and I went straight over to the ditch to watch the muddy action. Really fun course to watch! I think everyone was just as curious as I was to see how things were going to be set-up. Little Guy did a great job constructing it! I was surprised at how much he was able to do with the space up there. Homme was given the microphone to commentate, however I think there were a few times when it ended up in the hands of Hollywood and Timmer...

Since the weather was so nice, not only did we get a great racer turn-out, we got a great spectator turn-out as well. Tyson and Jean from BCR came to cheer on Dan I. and Wiki as did the whole Wiken crew! Finley was really pumped about cheering dad on. Chuck from the wonderful shop at Behind Bars with his adorable daughter, Daisy, came to enjoy as well. Along with so many others! We had a few people who seemed to stumbled upon the race and decided to stick around and check out this Cyclo-cross thing which was cool. Thanks to everyone who came out!

I have some pictures from the A race that I will post soon.

**I know I said I was going to post my pictures (and I will still post a few), but I just took a look at Frye's pictures, and they're so much better. I'd recommend you go look at those.

2 comments:

Wiki said...

Thanks for all the cheering :)

Mike Lalla said...

Is that "small fry?"