Tuesday, March 11, 2008

30 - 2 = 28

Thanks Leslie!

It's just another day that goes by, but it gives you a chance to look back and see where you've been. Who would have guessed I would be going to school full time? Had a great job? Got laid off? Almost got married? Went to Iraq? Meet a life long best friend? Bought a condo, then lost it? Got out of the military with an Honorable discharge? Lived and worked in F'in Wisconsin? And that was just in the last few years!

Life is crazy. I've been through many turns and bumps in the road, but my life has been great, I can't wait for the next chapter to begin.

Maybe racing/studying in Europe for a year?

---

Since I've been 15 it was always a dream of mine to be a professional race mechanic. Even after working at "that bike shop" it still remained one of my goals. But after a few years I found out I might be able to make it racing and that dream was put aside.

Guess who get to be the mechanic at Nature Valley Grand Prix for Team Advil-Chapstick?

Me!

Thanks to my teammate Natalie Klemko, who is the National Collegiate Crit Champion.

Think "they'll give dude a beeper?"

5 comments:

Wiki said...

It's all because of me. If you didn't have such a cool asst. mgr. at that "shop" to show you how cool racing was, you might not be where you are today.

Life long friend- I'm flatterd, it's a little much, but I'm flattered. :D

Happy Birthday Lalla'palooza

Anonymous said...

dam! and i was gonna have you work with me! oh well. when you gonna be back up here. i'd like to see if we could do some events together this summer.

Mike Lalla said...

Sean,

Sorry the girls need me.

I'll be back up around the beginning of May. As long as you give me a break that’s as long as my races are. ;)

Wiki said...

Dude!

What's with the spammers on your site?

(dis)pencer said...

do you have a 5mm?