Saturday, July 11, 2009

GODELIEVE PRIJS - PITTEM

I was going to write a report but there is no way I can describe what I went through today. So here is my Facebook update:

"Well, I made it up the famous Tour de Flanders cobbled climbs with the front main pack in the rain. Hit the local circuits with the highly reduced peloton about 50 dudes and lasted two laps. Next week I'll be doing a 5 day tour. Time to get some beer."

I guess the tour is "Tour de Liege." (edit) I think it's but am not sure all I know it's 5 days long.

I am beat to hell right now.

Here are some photos.
Nice eh?
This team was a Continental Team last year and lost some funds. So they are at most of the races I do. Even the local ones.
Some of their team cars... I think they had one more car there. They also have the current Belgium Elite National Champion and he was there.
Here's how we roll... Our Sprinter Van was at a Topsport race with our fast guys.
Me warming up for the 166km race looking forward to all the cobbled climbs, closed highways, super small roads and a lots of cow poop!

3 comments:

Adam said...

5 day race!? That's epic dude. Hope it goes well.
Glad you survived the cobbles. In the wet.

Did you brag about the Mazda 6 as your team car??

Mike Lalla said...

Yes I told them about the Mazda 6. I need to make some wheel holders. I took some photos here and have some ideas to put into effect when I get home. I would still like to get some 18s for the 6 but I think I’ll have to get a new clutch (short throw shifter :), tires, brakes and stuff soon… so Unless I find a good deal on eBay the wheels will have to wait.

And the race was something special. I really wasn't able to take it all in though and would like to do it again some day.

I guess there is some climbing... Should be "fun."

Adam said...

will they let you race with a helmet cam??