Sunday, January 24, 2010

1st race report!

DFL... Fitness aside I'm not the best bike racer. I get way tooooo board and that's why I like kermesses. Go go go go go. If you you made the split that was it. If you didn't, well that's it too. No team tactics just stupid raw power. The race this weekend started with a break with all the teams right away (first time I didn't go right away). When it got to 5 min I yelled really loud "We are so Butt Fuc$ed" that brought out a few laughs from an other wise "all business" peloton. I then proceeded to make it a training ride and went to the front for a few times and pulled really hard for a long time... and covered a few attacks. the crosswind sections gave me no problems this year like the previous 2... Short story shorter, I attacked going in to a few rollers and made it to the top but couldn't hold on. I've done this race 3 times and have finished DFL at all of them I think.

It was a lot better race then last year and I've done almost no intervals where last year I was going a lot harder and had tons more miles.

Next race? Next weekend.

4 comments:

Francis Hamre said...

damn pussy texan racers!!!

Anonymous said...

Rather nice place you've got here. Thanks the author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Mike Lalla said...

Oh Thanks dude. And remember Fancy... My grandma reads this!

Anonymous said...

Yoda says....."no work that does not benefit you do" overhead by has been