Sunday, January 03, 2010

Mazda 6 Wagon 100,000 mile review.

Here is a bad photo of it fully loaded.
I bought my Mazda 6 in 2005. I just got a new job and went into the dealer with a price in mind and what car I wanted, thanks to my friend FB. I wanted a striped down white wagon. For some reason the wagons weren't really that popular, so the dealer only had a fully decked out black one to take out for a test drive. It had leather and Bose stereo and 14 miles on the clicker. I loved the car. We went back inside and started to look for the white one I wanted. We found a few , but then the guy asked me what was the price I wanted to pay. I told him then he said he could do that with the one I just test drove, fully loaded. I think they just wanted to get if off the lot. So I bought her.

I have not even had to replace my brake pads yet... I have a lot of high way miles. The clutch is going because of how hard I drove her when she was newer (she can easily burn rubber 1st through 2nd gear and chirp the 3rd.) I've giving her oil changes about ever 3000-5000 miles and changed the tires a few times, I am currently rolling on Goodyear Eagles... That's it.

I have recently installed HID head and fog lamps which are a cool $50 buy. O yeah and it's the coolest going to bike race car with my rack system. I can hold 5 bikes now (I would like to get 2 more trays) and 6 wheels on the roof.

I have had so much fun in that car and I know other people have too. I love my car.

6 comments:

Adam said...

Welcome to the club! If I hadn't toasted my MINI Cooper, I figure that it would be up around 200k as it died at 135k and we've put almost 70k on our MINI Cooper S.

That rack is awesome - Remember when we spent all night drilling holes into the roof for that rack system?! Oi!

Mike Lalla said...

That night was a little stressfull. But it turned out really nice and I use it all the time. Those "holes" in the back are still holding strong and not leaking.

SickBoy said...

You forgot one stat: Most Played Song in the 6 - "If you can't dance" by the Spice Girls

Francis Hamre said...

I was there that night when we drilled the holes!!! I love your car too Mike. Most played band: Cake.

Terradise said...

Makes for a great dinner table and hotel room as well!

It was a pleasure driving her. She can be a little touchy, but what gal isn't?

Mike Lalla said...

... true, she's getting a little older Terra. I think now thought the most over played CD is my Atmosphere one. I need to get a MP3jack.