Saturday, August 07, 2010

28th

I'm AWESOME at mid pack finishes… The race course was an easy 3 turn wide roads slight downhill on one side flat then slit uphill with a tail wind. 75 racers started.

The races was going as planned, kind of. A group of 7 got off the front early. I made the main field split with about 20 riders. But as you know… that’s way too big. I was always rotating through hard and we were catching the front group. I was marking the Post rider and saw he was kind of ready to really make a go. He tried a few time earlier too. After I did a hard pull he went with a few other riders. I though no big deal they aren’t going that fast… all you had to do was follow the wheel in front of you. Well they were gone. The next lap the guy in the below picture went to the front on the hill side and started to pin it in his 53/11. I though he was just pulling though, but when I looked back I was the only rider on his wheel so we gave it a go. I think he was a little toast so I didn’t go that hard when I was on the front, we stayed away for about a round… maybe if we had 1 other rider we could have caught the front. Well our group of about 20 went back to the peloton… LAME. So I sprinted for 15th and got 28th and 10 euros.“The thing is… I’m the team sprinterrrrr.”

---

I race again today. I think I only have about 3 races left here. HHH should be fun. ;)

No comments: