Monday, August 02, 2010

The power...

to establish a break is unbelievable.

I was in the winning move. I followed a few wheels to get there then had to pull through. It was me, a Post rider and a guy who wins all the time (and won this race) and some other guy who dropped out of it like I did. They were pulling through by me at least 2-3kms faster… I was hanging on for dear life. Sadly I only stayed with them 1 round. While establishing the break we were going F'in hard!

Another small group of 5 bridge up a few seconds after I lost contact. There was no way I could get back on that group. In fact I don't even remember them passing me... I think I blocked out about a few kms of racing.

I was also off the front at the start for a round... maybe if I didn't do that I could have stayed in the break. I think I got it all figured out now.

I got 30th place and 10 euros.

2 comments:

Francis Hamre said...

how many people start races like this one?

Mike Lalla said...

45 racers started, it was a small one. But the thing is, it’s the same guys who win no matter how big the field is.