Monday, April 30, 2007

Ironman

It all started when I helped some nice girls put on their rear wheels.

I was going down hill to the school to start the race and almost got "Freded." This guy bumped the person next to him on his right then un-clipped and veered left rather quickly into my front wheel... Needless to say I stayed up and this guy didn't even say sorry...

The biggest team seen at the start was the Excel Cycling Team. Where were you guys Saturday? Excel Cycling Team = Fred All Stars.

I beat Stuart O'Grady, Frank Schleck, Stefan Schumacher and at least 20 Lances, well maybe it was 19 Lances. One guy had non team issued Zipp 404s on his Trek, Protour riders... Big Tom was no where in sight. :(

This was the first time I did a race like this and I was stressed. Everyone was a questionable rider. It didn't matter if you were on a P3, HED with bar end shifters or carbon Orbea. Ever time you said "on your left" they would look then veer into you or do something.

To sum it all up it was the State Fair of bike racing. I think I had more fun people watching then racing. And yes it was a race.

How come MCF couldn't have a booth at this place (I would work it just for the chicks)if they had one, I didn't see it? It was one of the biggest cycling events in MN. If we got just 1% of 1% of these people to race...

You can read more about it here, from the BCR crew.

No comments: