Monday, October 15, 2007

Hostile Wedding Fair. Drunk Boom.

Now that Lalla's in Texas, all that's on here are pictures of pizza, power lines, and guys in spandex. It's about time for a little news from up north...

Yesterday, I went to the Wedding Fair with Hotpinkevil! in order to get ideas for the greatest day of Super-Rookie's life. I've never been to one of these before because well, I've never needed to. I wasn't quite sure what I should be expecting, but it was much more intense than I had thought! Those vendors can be relentless! At one point I think someone grabbed my shoulder/arm, and a videographer was quite hostileto HPE. We were ready to leave after 3 hours of wedding bliss...


We had been disappointed to learn months ago that the Wedding Fair was the same day as the Boom Island CX. It's a race that we both highly enjoy, but girls' gotta have priorities! Low and behold we got out in time to catch the A race and S-R was even racing, because he has crashed in the B race. We ended up getting there just as the boys were getting going. I spent a lovely afternoon hanging out with Homme, Smithers, Jim R, Dan Cleary, Ray, and Toddler Smithers (boy needs some pictures Smithers - I couldn't find a good one of him to link). I drank Jim R's beer, DC refilled me, Homme did Bikethrow.com interviews, Smithers heckled the riders, Ray told stories about powdered donut hand-ups, and Toddler Smithers cut off all the blood flow in Homme's fingers while we all yelled at Tuffy to give S-R a bottle. Can't beat that :) I then proceeded to home and passed out on the couch. I think I'm getting old...



Evidence of the day:

Shamelessly stolen from Smithers.

9 comments:

Mike Lalla said...

Finally!

Wiki said...

Guess I'm not cool enough to make it into your post huh...

Thanks Leslie

Leslie said...

Ahh...Wiki. You didn't stick around long enough! :P

Wiki said...

...An hour. I hung out for an hour.

Leslie said...

Not while I was there! It was more like 15 mins!

Jim said...

That's where my beer went! Yay!...Leslie's blogging! So when's the wedding with the new boy toy?

Mike Lalla said...

You have to ask her first Jim...

Tyboty said...

Don't you mean hostile? Or were there low-cost accomodations at the fair?

Leslie said...

LOL! Omigawd...I'm turning into Lalla! Thanks tmac :)