Monday, April 06, 2009

Ft. Davis Stage Race

Remember I love doing stage races...

Hill climb: I didn't go into this race with a plan... I should have. With no real chance, I should have. A break went without me. Over some time I talked to my teammate who is good at TTs and the decision was made for my to try and bring some time back. Unfortunately we talked about this a little to late but I was able cut some time. I started the climb in last place and after I recovered I was able to finish mid pack.

TT: I zone two'ed it.

Road Race: I just wanted to help my teammate stay up on the GC to make some money. But 5 miles in we were both off the back by ALOT. He pulled out and my group was able to get back to the main group. As soon as that happened I attacked... I stayed out there for a long time getting good camera time. I was finally cough after like 30 min or so. I rested for about 5-10 min and went off again. I was able to stay out again for a long time and went over the first mountain pass out front. I was caught on the descent were I was resting up to go again but I went off the back never to see the group again. It was good training and I rode like I can ride, so I had fun.

The long drive home.



---

Next up is a Wednesday night crit in Fort Worth where I look at doing really well.

4 comments:

Super Rookie said...

Sounds a lot like, "Does anyone have a 5mm allen wrench?" during T10k in '04

Adam said...

For some reason bikes look cooler when they're not size 60+cm...

Mike Lalla said...

Sorry, I am a big dude...

Francis Hamre said...

Dude! nice wheels man!

so did they toggle the TT and RR this year or do you just have less brain usage after the weekend?