Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I need a job...

There isn’t a lot of things that keep me up at night but being in the military does. How it changed me and my future forever with a stroke of a pen when I was 19. Its been over 7 years since that date and it has change my world forever, from giving me my Bio-Med education, sending me to Iraq and then trying to send me again (this is a whole other rant) causing the end blow in one of my closes friendships.

I want people to understand that when they sign up for our military it is not just 6 years or one weekend a month. It is loosing out on births, marriages, family reunions, football, a years worth of racing. Life you should be living with out the government’s never ending stare.

I have completed my 6 year commitment and should be in IIR for 2 years (inactive ready reserves.) I have been giving “warning letters” in the mail stating that I have to show up to weekend drills or I will be dishonorably discharged before my inactive duty starts (it should have started over a year ago...)

My take is the army is breaking our legal contact.

Next week Monday I will be going into the army recruiter’s station by my house, if they will let me. I will ask the individual who wants to join 12 questions, a couple routine, age, education ect. and few that will get him or her thinking about the decisions they make in this office. I want to make sure these kids make an educated decision on whether they should join or not. This is purely for my own studies. The military is not for every one but is a good choice for some.

This should be fun.

No comments: