Saturday, December 09, 2006

Posers...

Sick Boy invited the BCR crew out to the west side with the west side gang. Since I am the only one with no wife, kids, job, life or girl friend I was the only BCR rep for the day... We set out into a stiff head cross wind after a nice tour of Minnetonka and Excelsior we ended back at the coffee shop 49 miles 2 hours and 45 min later.

More importantly this was my first ride after a two weeks rest and it happened to be the longest ride I have had on the Power Cranks. It’s still weird ridding these things. Every climb I would be pushing a huge gear and really would have to hold back which is harder to say then do... Then on the flats when you need to "soft pedal" I would get killed because it was harder to go slow... That makes no sense but that how they feel.

One problem, towards the end of the ride my left hip joint was in so much pain I could not lift my pedal, I was wincing in pain, no joke. I'm not sure why but it could have been the time off, pushing big gear, Longest ride… I have a firm belief that every time I ride these cranks it’s benefiting me if not physically then mentally for they do really suck to ride.

3 comments:

Wiki said...

Who are you calling a poser?

I do pretty well with my limited training.

Don't make the Hulk mad!

Mike Lalla said...

No one... :) But some people did take the unseasonably warm weather to ride.

SickBoy said...

I'm calling you a poser, Wiken.