Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I don't think I'm lost.

Ok... With my technical education background and experience in my field of work, I make more starting out then most people with four year degrees after multiple years of work. I know that I will top out salary wise quicker but when is making more money the end all. At what point are you happy with the way things are going...

I posted my resume on Monster and made it public a few days ago... I already have people contacting me for possible employment with expected salary range more then I was making before.

So I figure if I didn't go to school in four years time I would be head of a service team and would be stuck there making a nice salary with maybe taking a few classes on the side.

Or I can get it out of the way in a short 4-5 years and come out around the same level salary wise starting out but with the possibility of making a lot more with a degree.

I need help with my writing and English skillz anyway. I guess I'm looking for support with the decisions I'm making. I don't have any support from my family except my Grandpa a little. And people don't understand my goals because in there eyes I'm doing alright for my age with no formal education. Which is true but I'm only using 1% of my brain.

-And when you tell your engineers that our product sucks and you show them how to make it better but they don't listen to you because your a young punk kid without a formal education... I guess a delisting warning will make you take notice...

1 comment:

Mike Lalla said...

Yeah right... I learned it’s not and I didn't even have to go to school for that…