Thursday, January 18, 2007

ACT and a skate sharpening icon.

The funding has been secured for my ACT prep classes. I am signed up and will start them Feb. 22 for three hours a night once a week for four weeks. Thanks Grandpa!!!

Last Tuesday the Polar Beers had there first night of CSC Broom Ball. Needless to say we had to forfeit for the lack of women on our team. So now were in the loser bracket which should work in our favor. We still played though and the Hot 100 kept us warm.

After the debacle with my skates last week, I'm only going to a guy by my house from now on. You have to drive up and knock on his back door. His wife usually answers and says he'll be right out. After some friendly banter that you can barely understand because of his heavy accent he takes you to his garage. He has posters from a lot of teams in the twin cities and a picture of himself and a young 18 year old Mike Madano along with other pro players. Cost for this is $3.50 but the experience is priceless. I'm not sure how much press he wants, if you want his location contact me. Hint, He lives off of Roberts Street.

I've been off the bike for a few days, I've been skating a few times a week. Next week I'll put the old Power Cranks back on for some more suffering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.