Friday, January 19, 2007

Reserve, Guard Time Limit Lifted

WASHINGTON - The Pentagon has abandoned its limit on the time a Citizen-Soldier can be required to serve on active duty, officials said Thursday, a major change that reflects an Army stretched thin by longer-than-expected combat in Iraq.

Read about it here


I can't believe this is going on and I feel sorry for our men and women over there.

Looks like I'm taking the route of just getting discharged because its faster then going into the IRR and then being discharged. Being in the Army has left a bad taste in my mouth. Every one has had a different experience in there military careers some good some bad. The problem is kids who sign up don't hear about the bad... That would be bad press.

I can't wait for the day I receive my discharge papers. When that day comes I'll be throwing a big "freedom party." It will be like breaking out of jail on the Four of July.

2 comments:

Wiki said...

Am I invited

Mike Lalla said...

Every one is.