Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Frustrations, Flats and SATs

I love global warming. So next time that good old boy runs you off the road thank him for keeping us warm. Today was the first day off from the power cranks in a few months (I have to let my hip heal) and it feels great. Stopping was funny and I could barely pedal "normal" but all and all the ride felt great to be out there pushing the pedals, clearing the mind.

I did get a flat over the Madota brig. I was riding along and I couldn't understand why my bike was pulling to the left. haha after a few miles of this I had to check it out... I used one of those Huchison tire things and got foam all over the place. I rode it to GP only to find I had 20lbs of air in it. Riding home from there was a lot easier.

The coach down in Texas is helping me out with my admission questions. So to get a jump on things I went to the library to get a SAT study guide. I might have to take the SATs which I didn't take at Coon Rapids High School and I want to be ready. I expect after studying on my own I'll learn more in a few months then I ever did at high school. There is some confusion dealing with my military and Veteran status while it will help me out in the long run its hard for schools to place me course wise... Like NAU who hasn't called or emailed me back. I'm sorry I ever wanted to spend money at you school...

Tomorrow I'll be heading up to Coon Rapids getting my transcript and putting some miles in the western suburbs.

No comments: