Saturday, June 12, 2010

28th

First off the race started at 6:30pm and was 105km. I didn't get home till 10pm! I had to ride there, race, then ride home. I was able to attack a bunch and make bridges BUT I missed the break again... and it would have been easy to get to, I just didn’t go with that one. And if just one baby joker sits up on the small road the break instantly gets like 30 seconds. And that's what happened. So I put in my time on the front to bring it back. At first we couldn't even see the break. Then about a half an hour of pulling we pulled it really close with about 5 laps to go. So close that maybe you could have bridge across if you were really strong. Then it went back up... arggg. With about a K to go I attacked the second group. My legs said nope, lets wait for the sprint. So I sat up and jumped back in and "sprinted" or coasted to the line... I have to remember that I can go well with about five hundred meters out and just go...

I think the hardest part of the day was the ride home. I put it in the big ring and TTed it so I could beat the dark. I did. :)

Next race is Sunday I think, and then Wednesday I get to do an Interclub race. :)

No comments: