Wednesday, June 02, 2010

"WAKKEN" a 3 part play

The Stage: 15 rounds on a 7.2 km 14 (90 degree) turn course. So that means you have to go full blast starting at an almost stand still in a big gear and go all out for about 20-30 seconds. Then do that 14 times per lap.

Act 1: Me doing well staying towards the front and trying to bridge and making a few moves. It’s a lot smoother in the breaks but the go fricken hard. I stayed towards the front for most of the race but a couple breaks went. Sorry dude but I can only pull through a few times in the 53x11.

Act 2: We were going super hard and the field was single file for the most part and I started to drift back towards the end of the whip. Then I was back there… Hello green flag truck.

Act 3: We still couldn’t see the breaks and the whip was killing me. I couldn’t move up because of the speed we were at. 5 laps to go I hit a wall and couldn't keep up. I just stopped pedaling and stop. The next lap my group caught the 2nd and lead break. They were flying! If I could have stayed on a couple more laps I would have been in the whole race. I think the “Mayor” won the sprint competition… Not bad for a 38 year old ex-doper.

I still loose the wheel in front of me after each turn...

FYI Our rides in Wichita Falls feel about the same. We just need a few more faster guys/girls and it would be the same.

---

My legs feel good though and starting to come around so I’m going to race again today. My back on the other hand… needs a back massage from my Sweets in Paradise.

1 comment:

Francis Hamre said...

Damn I wish the WF rides were that fast this time of the season...It was just me and some dude on Tuesday...