Wednesday, June 09, 2010

I raced my bike today.

And finished the whole thing! But not only that… I actually raced!

I went for an easy ride this morning and though my legs felt good. So maybe it was going to be a good day. Marc also drove to the race with my number one fan and trainer Eric. The race went as usual… with 3 laps to go a small group peeled off the front. Not sure how this happened but I blame the Cycling Center Baby Jokers… With 2 to go I saw a chance for a top ten with 5 other dudes. And I took it. At first we really worked well and were away about a lap holding a 10 second lead from the "main field". Then with a half a lap to go the broken up peloton caught us… Bummer. I tried a little to get back on but blew up. My legs were cramping with about 5 to go and I put everything I had in that second group. I was the last finisher, 51st place. haha I could have stayed in and sprinted but... top 10 sounded too cool to pass up.

Next race Friday.

No comments: