Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Just for Jason: take two.

Dear Jason,

My riding and racing here has been going okay. But it seems like my heart is not in it yet. While I know I’m stronger then this I didn’t do ANY intervals this season… Just in races. So my top end fitness is not there yet. As you know not having form here SUCKS sheep balls. I’m trying to keep my mind off it by going on nice rides and taking pictures for Rachel. It’s helping and I can feel my moral going back up. It’s also raining here every day it seems. And me and rain don’t get along. It’s because I can’t see the sun and I need that to feel better.

I’ve met many Americans here this time around. Some are even on Belgium teams. Some kid came up to me and was like “MSU what are you doing here” and then he’s like “wait… what school are you from?” That was a funny conversation. You just expect everyone to speak Flemish then you hear English and it’s like “Yo dude, whatz up?”

I’m really stoked to hear about Pat winning that stage at Mt. Hood (are you guys going to NVGP?) and Lawson busting it up across the world. He’s such a good kid and is going places (I think UT next year and maybe a feeder Pro Tour team.) I remember 2 years ago beating him in Cat. 3 races… haha those were the days I could beat up on a 15 year old man child! haha

Okay, I have to go on an easy ride now and race later today.

Best Regards,

Mike

3 comments:

SickBoy said...

what about for me?

Jason said...

nice post! Hang in there bud...

My first two months in France, I never saw the sun and got rained on or snowed on most of the time... Plus I sucked and was always hanging on the back of our team ride which meant I was a victim of the rooster tail that flung up the various animal poo's all over the road... I certainly feel ya man. It's nice to run into the occasional American though, makes home feel just that much closer. Even though things may be hard there, you'll be stronger when you come back to the U.S... try to keep that in the back of your mind...

Mike Lalla said...

Dear SickBoy,

I just farted.

Love,

Mike