Tuesday, June 02, 2009

30k fans showed up...

and 230 starters. Well I didn't crash Tom but was on his wheel a few times in the race. I stayed in this one a lot longer then my last two and I feel my legs are starting to come around. I saw racers even real pros going backwards faster then I have ever seen. Maybe in a few weeks I’ll be able to throw in a few “Nice Attacks.”

I was yelled at in this race a few times and even got into a Dutch English yelling match, then smiled. I think that made it worse. It would seem every time I touch anyone while going 35mph or go around corners with my bars on their thighs they all freak out. What the hell? Haha

My friends here took a lot of photos so when I get some I'll post.

I am going to go watch the race now on TV.

7 comments:

wirerick said...

Pretty cool to be racing against quick-steps top notch squad. I know you won't, but don't worry about the yelling... A lot of guys there just need something to yell about and Americans are good excuses. Isn't it so cool racing over there!?

Mike Lalla said...

Yeah, it's crazy here.

Jason said...

sweet dude! Keep it up!

A couple of the other americans and I would make up our own language and yell back... Eventually they started laughing... Dirka Dirka...

Mike Lalla said...

I am soooo going to use Dirka Dirka next time. hahaha

wirerick said...

Thats brilliant!

Francis Hamre said...

damn dude you're my freakin hero! your much more of a badass than boonen ever will be!

Adam said...

"Living the dream...living the dream..."