Monday, June 01, 2009

"Ahh the American"


This is what the beer drinking official said to me when I picked up my Euro. Today went a lot better. The dudes here go really fast out of corners and today the course had...easily around 30 turns on a 6.5 km course. We raced in the city so the roads were all types. They also push big gears here and I was told to do the same by my Belgium "advisors." Only 3 people finished the whole thing. And you’re right Todd. The lead group was only 10-15 yards up the road and we could never catch them. Crazy shit…

H-Wood my “advisors” here also looked at the position you gave me long ago. I think they wanted to push me back and lower haha. But they also said if I can hold it like I have it I’ll be fine. But I could tell they wanted to move it.

And dudes I don't think it would be wise when everyone is going slow tomorrow to throw in a "Nice Attack." it's a 178km race with more turns then today... You all should take bets to see how long I last.

I am also meeting some super cool people. Peter, Wednesday I will show you a car that will blow you mind. If you have ever seen this car I would be AmaZed.

6 comments:

wirerick said...

Yay you made money!

Francis Hamre said...

how big was the race?

Francis Hamre said...

i mean how many entrants...?

Mike Lalla said...

Not that many this time. :) I think 46.

And there are always hundreds of people watching. Today they expect 20,000 to watch Boonen race.

Terradise said...

Holy shit! 20k watching!!! Better do your hair.

Adam said...

I assume you bought beer for your team with your first Euros won?