Thursday, June 11, 2009

Product review!


This is really a two product review, but they go hand and hand. First up Cinelli “Carbo Ribbon” bar tape. As most of you know I am a big fan of the white cork bar tape. I have been using it for years and wouldn’t try anything else. But I hated cleaning it. It just sucked. The white when it’s white looks pro, but when it’s dirty… I mean come on. So I gave in. I installed this tape about a week before Collegiate National and look at it. It still looks great. It wraps better then cork, keeps white longer and just looks better. But you do have to wear gloves during racing. It tends to get a little slippery when wet. But I didn’t have any problems the other day. I give the Carbo tap two thumbs up!

It has taking me forever to find something to clean my white Hodz. Found it "Cif." It’s like wax on wax of. It’s so easy to do. I always have white hoods now. I am bringing a bottle of this stuff back.

6 comments:

Matt S said...

Furniture polish works really well too

Brian said...

Just pull the hoods off and scrub them with dish soap and a scouring pad in the sink. Pristine and easy.

Mike Lalla said...

Not easy.

SickBoy said...

Hudz for SRAM = lame. Get the SRAM branded ones... they come in white and red.

Mike Lalla said...

Thanks Sickboy. Why do you hate charitable organizations?

Biwan said...

Pack a cool euro cycling cap for me too. Bella ate my Rabobank one!