Friday, June 26, 2009

I Race.

In today’s race I had high expatiations. The legs felt good after doing that pro race and I was going well. I wanted to do well today. The race started with well over 80 dudes and was fast of course. After a few laps a small group establish it self off the front about 500 meters. I bridge up all by my self and a couple more dudes came after. We had a HUGE gap. So our group was about 12 strong and flying. I thought this was it. We stayed away about 7 laps but I think our group may have been too big and it came back together. The race stayed together for the most part till around lap 12 to go. A group of 10 got off the front. I saw it go... It was right after I closed a huge gap, which I did WAY to many times in this race. It just left me dead. The last 10 laps were a blur I can't even remember pedaling. They were the hardest laps in the race. With one to go I was setting my self up for the sprint but yet again there were many jumps which left me dead and I got almost last in our group. But really I had no clue what was going on... I couldn’t feel any pain it was so bad and I couldn't see... I had thoughts of making it easier on myself by going into a brick wall at 50kph.

I grabbed a Jupiler (it was less then a Coke) from a road side vending machine for my ride home on the path. Next race is tomorrow. Legs still feel ok maybe.

The cool part? 1hr 40min Avg. Hr 171 Max was 183 I could just go and go and go then not… I have been doing these damn races with just 2 bottles and no race food… I have to get to the bike shop.

No comments: