Saturday, June 13, 2009

Avoncriterium 39ste Trofee J.P. Monsere

Well that was the weirdest "crit" I have ever done. It strung out very quickly and soon gaps were all over the place. After bridging up to a few I found myself off the back in a small group. Our gap to the main peloton was about 30second for an hour. With me and couple other dudes working, we caught them! Then the attacks came and the break went clear sending me backwards again... this racing is mest up. I am still getting gaped going in AND out of corners. The only corner I didn't get gaped on was the one I could pedal. I got 31st. they paid out to 30th. My director was happy with me always being at the front of my group pulling and saw that I was strong enough to do a big race (interclub) on July 11th in Pittem. This was a good physical race for me but a horrible mental race… I just didn’t bridge gaps like I should have. I have a race today, Sunday and Monday.
My support group.

6 comments:

Jason said...

Don't worry man, there will be days like that...

Good luck at Pittem, you're gonna have a pretty good cobbled climb that's about 2k that usually splits things up... followed by another climb on crappy asphalt, then another real steep cobbled climb after that... Have fun dude!

Francis Hamre said...

representing the MSU...tight!

I'm guessing you are still a freshmen though? Because you can't spell worth a shit.

Mest up = Messed up. Damn you are retarded ;)

Mike Lalla said...

Might be almost one of the last races I do under the MSU kit.

I like mest up. Maybe I messed "mest up" on purpose. So there.

wirerick said...

Hang in there Lalla. It is good to here you are riding so strong, keep learning and the mental part will come around. Just keep fighting for the front! I remember thinking how good I could race if I didn't have to bridge the damn gaps everyone else opened up.

Francis.... "Hi Pot, my name is Kettle."

Mike Lalla said...

Thanks Brian Next race I am going to make the front early or kill myself trying.

I think Monday will be my last race under MSU HERE. Team MBK- Bicycle Line will be my new team HERE.

No worries dudes, I still have a few years of school left under the MSU Banner and am SUPER excited for our team next year. That’s why I am here... I want to actually help the team at the ends of races.

Adam said...

Gaps in and out of corners huh...sounds a lot like when you're riding the dirt. Do you need to get on the gas sooner? Less brake? More aero?

Whatevs dude, you're doing awesome and riding with some big dudes. Hang in there. Glance at the tat a bit more and say it to yourself before you go to sleep each night.