Thursday, June 18, 2009

Typical race day.

8:30am Wake up and stumble down stairs where plates of food are already out for me.
Coffee
9:00am Get done with eating and sit on the computer for a little bit to check emails and facebook stuff while drinking coffee.
Coffee
9:30am Still drinking coffee on the computer.
Coffee
10:00am Go for a small hour ride down by the canal.
Coffee
11:30am Get back and getting ready for lunch.
Coffee
12-1pm Eat lunch and packing my stuff to go to the race.
Coffee
1:15pm Leave for a race. If it’s not far I’ll ride my bike. But I have friends here who love to drive and go to the races so I usually always have a ride.

1:30 or 45pm Get to the race to sign in. Remember all the races cost 3 euro. Even the super big ones. And get dressed for the race. Last week I got dressed in a bakery that I stop at all the time or when a locker room is opened up we use that. It always takes some time to do this for some reason though.

3:00pm Race

5-6:00pm Get done with race and shower up at the locker rooms. Then I have to wait for the end of the races to see if doping control will show or wait and collect some money.

7:00pm Get home and eat dinner

8:00pm Chill on the computer or watch some TV about Tom Boonen.

9:00pm Start going to bed. First a massage with the stick and then stretching.

9:30-Whenever pm Usually on Skype with some one who should be working… Bad girl! When I get back I’ll have to see you in my office.

Then I go to sleep. I am trying to race about every other day. Not counting the weekends. My easy days are real easy. But the day looks about the same.

My favorite town (Jason knows why :)) Roeselare is getting a Velodrome!

Looks like I'll be doing a race in this town soon.

3 comments:

Adam said...

First a massage with the stick..
Ha haa!

Matt Bergerson said...

Lala, racing in Europe? Massaging the stick? I've been gone from MN too long.

Mike Lalla said...

Dude Matt! How you treating life? And yes you have been away for awhile. But... So have I.