Monday, June 15, 2009

I Raced Today

It started fast thanks to me. I made the first front group but unfortunately the real fast dudes were not there. Right when we got caught they countered and I was sent to the "screw each other" group. We worked together about as well as oil and water to bring the leaders back. At some point 4 riders went up the road about 200 meters. I took a chance when our group lulled and tried to bridge. I almost made it... By like 5 meters... but I had a dude on my wheel! So sweet right? But he pulled through about as well as Matt F. does at TNW. So we both went back and that was about it. Me and this Topsport dude did most of the work and were getting a good work out in... On the last lap he told me to take a flyer and I did like a retard... I was about 400 meters to short and got 28th. I think we were sprinting for 15th.


3 comments:

Francis Hamre said...

"hey you, dumbass American...take a flyer so that I can laugh when you get last in the field sprint..."

Mike Lalla said...

Haha no… he saw I was riding strong and it really didn't matter, it was for 15th. He was a cool dude and was always giving me hand slings. I make way more friends in the peloton then enemies like the other Americans here do. So it was a win, not really a win win. I don't think you understand.

Adam said...

Sadly I also had pictures of American Flyers running through my head...

Sounds like you're showing 'em what you got. That's cool. One of these times a flyer's gonna stick and you're gonna be up in the front group.

Maybe you should train more with those goofy cranks that only work on the down-stroke.