Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pro race today 162km

Not really much to talk about. I had a flat right at the start got a neutral wheel that by the time the race was over the hub was loose as heck, the gears were coming off, I sounded like Santa and I had to spin like mad because it only had a 12 tooth big gear. Thanks Mavic Neural Support.

The race was really boring, but fast. I ended up in a break with about 15 dudes but it didn’t stay away. A Liguass rider wouldn’t pull through and every one was yelling at him. I heard a guy call him a “Dirty English Pig.” That was kind of funny.

I rode over two water bottles… One in a corner which was not cool. And avoided a crash. Finished somewhere towards the front of the peloton.

All the big teams were there with trucks rv’s and support cars. And about 20km away a big interclub races was going on. Like Todd says... 2 races that are way bigger then NRC races on the same day 20km away from each other. And they start at 1pm and thousands of fans were there. WTF?

6 comments:

T said...

cool! do they still call you out as "The American" or are you already belgianized over there by now?

Mike Lalla said...

Well. The officials still call me by my giving name "The American." But being in a Belgian kit, not that many racers know. It's just when I open my mouth to talk or curse that people hear and know. But it helps ALOT being on a team from here.

PS... How many teams can you be on in one year? Haha

T said...

two teams, just like you :-)

SickBoy said...

Mavic Neural Support?

Francis Hamre said...

shiiit yeah!

Mike Lalla said...

That's how they say it here... ;)