Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I love the rain... just not in crits.

The race started as usual being single file with many gaps. I bridged up to the lead group with some other dude. Went around a few turns and got shot back to the second group. Then is started to rain like hell with lighting/loud thunder and straight line winds. I couldn’t see crap and felt my front wheel coming out just going straight. Our group caught a dropped group from the front. I did way too much work to bring it back but you know... The sprint was a single file sprint that was started way early. I was felling my earlier efforts and tried but couldn't muster anything. I ended up sprinting for 17th and I got 28th.

I also met some dude that goes to University of Vermont. I think his name was Nick, sounded like he was out here on his own also.


3 comments:

Adam said...

Sounds a lot like if you were riding with me.

Mike Lalla said...

Dude the gears you push you would do ok here with no hills in sight. But I think your early 90s Time shoes would fall in to greater despair, rendering them useless.

The Mountain bike has been calling my name every day at home and I have been turning a blind eye. I feel Shame.

I saw some sweet old Mini Rally cars! they are in a shop. I'll try and get some photos.

Adam said...

Speaking of 90s Time shoes...maybe you can find some for me - size 48!

Get photos. But go one further and take one out for a drive....

THAT'S big ringin' it.