Friday, March 16, 2007

Not epic, but good.

So I haven't done a long ride by myself this year yet. Most of my rides have been two hours or so I felt like today was the day.

I was heading over to Stillwater on the Gateway Trail. All was going well till after the 494 bridge. Once I crossed this point I felt like I was in a different world, there was at least a foot of snow still on the trail- Up to this point it was clear! So I figured it can't be like this the rest of the way and started trudging across. Once I reached the other side I lost all hope for I saw nothing but white.

Not to let Mother Nature ruin my day I found a road, I think it was 13B and headed east to 36, Sweet I was on track. I kept on following the bike route over some dirt roads and then to Stillwater.

I had Lunch and headed home. There’s defiantly a point with the Power Cranks on this ride I haven't felt in a while, the point of impact. About 2.5 hours is when the real pain set in. I struggled all the way home. I ended the ride with 3hrs and 45 mins. The longest ride solo with the Power Cranks. Remember when I first started out I don't think I could ride 15 min... This week counting hockey I have 13.5 hours of training. ;)

unemployment is sweet. Think it ain't?

---

Wave count: 1 for 1. It was a Birchwood guy, in a blue kit...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was looking into purchasing powercranks and came across your blog. Are you still using them and if so hows it going?
Thanks so much!
Shawn
Shawnv1@aol.com