Sunday, March 11, 2007

The waving PoPo. :)

What a wonderful weekend. With all this riding I've been doing I tend to see a lot of "racers" also training. When I ride past these dudes I often give a nice wave or nod of the head, unlike some of MN "elitist." Today I will start keeping track of the ones who do and don't return this nice acknowledgement.

Ones who did:
1. On Delaware, I ran into a couple H-wood guys that waved and gave a head nod.
2. And a couple others with no markings that waved.
3. Summit Ave, a Birchwood girl gave a nice wave.

Ones who didn't:
1. Summit Ave a H-Wood guy who looked a little chunky didn't wave... What are you to good for me?
2. On high way 13 this guy was heading east. I have seen this kid many times on this road and he NEVER even looks in my direction. He wears some old school Cipo style sunglasses and never a helmet, with a bike that seems to small for his lanky build. I've never see this guy at any races but he gives me the impression that he thinks hes a pro...Poser...

9 comments:

Wiki said...

I think the H-WooD guy was just in the zone.

I agree with you though.

I wonder if anyone can accuse me of not waving. I'm sure I do it all the time. I'm normally in too good of a mood not to.

Anonymous said...

I think I might know who the "unfriendly" H-wood guy is, and if so this guy can put out some serious watts and probably leave you in the dust. Don't judge a book by it's cover ...

Oh, and Wiki you need to actually get out and ride to see if anyone can accuse you of anything. :P

Wiki said...

I rode yesterday Dan!

Why does everyone give me $hit about how much I don't ride.

I don't seem to have too much trouble keep up with you guys.

SickBoy said...

the guy with the old school Cipo glasses is probably greg lavick... decent enough guy, raced a long time ago (I guess) but he's pretty sketch these days (but surprisingly fit for a dude who hasn't raced for about ten years).

fat h-wood guy? I wasn't riding on Summit this weekend....

Mike Lalla said...

Dan, I don't think so... Watts? more like brats... Theres a difference between fit and fat…

Marc, we see you as a waste of talent … Come on dude you use to race against Jeff Hall...You take a week of training and your flying. This is true, think it ain’t? ;)

Andy, no it wasn't you on Summit...haha The guy on 13 looks young... Like 20s-30s... But I might be wrong, Still he doesn’t wave so he’s on my "S" list. "S" for Shame.

I think this is the most post I've had... haha

Wiki said...

This is sad but true.

Up until now it's been just me and Dan hittin' your blog.

Anonymous said...

we are the waving team!

little guy racing

Anonymous said...

Hey dude,

i saw your headline "The waing Nazi" and was concerned first because my nationality....Anyway, how's going?

Mike Lalla said...

Haha figure of speech. I'm doing well, still unemployed, I'm planning to come down after I take the ACTs on the 18th of April.

We haven’t had any races up here yet like you... :) Looks like you've been doing really well down there. Keep up the good work!

Our first race is in Iowa on March 31 and 1st of April. First race as a three should be fun.